Blue River is a community in Lane County, Oregon. It is an unincorporated area on Oregon Route 126 along the McKenzie River, between the communities of Finn Rock and Rainbow. The community falls within the Willamette National Forest, where the Blue River empties into the McKenzie. It is named after the river, which is so named for the strikingly blue color of the river bed.
There was a brief gold rush here, which fizzled out once the mineral supply was depleted. The local post office was established in 1886.